By: Bhavna’s Kitchen
Khaman Dhokla Sandwiches can be made from Instant Khaman Dokla recipes. Check out Bhavna’s recipe which is very versatile for picnic, party and even after school snack. Perfect breakfast or tea time snack as well.
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
For the batter:
- 1 cup Besan (chickpea flour or Bengal gram flour)
- 11/2 – 2 tbsp rawa (Semolina or sooji)-More rawa can be added if you like crumbly texture of Khaman.)
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid (Nimbu Ke Phool)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar – can be reduced as per your taste
- 1 teaspoon green chili-ginger paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Eno’s fruit salt
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- About 1 to 11/4 cup water or as needed. Make cake consistency batter
For the tempering:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- a pinch asafoetida (Hing)
For the garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or coriander leaves (Dhaniya)
- Shredded coconut (Optional)
- Mix together all the ingredients for the batter except the fruit salt using enough water to make an easy pour consistency (Not too thick or thin) batter.
- Add the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix well.
- When the mixture rises, pour it into a greased thali and steam for about 15 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small Katori and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, green chilies and asafoetida. When the mustard seeds crackle and pour this over the steamed dhoklas.
- Garnish with coconut and finely chopped cilantro.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
? Tips: You can use 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or 2-3 tbsp Dahi(yogurt) instead of the citric acid crystals. Keep the steamer hot and add the fruit salt to the batter.
Find more detail @ Bhavna’s Kitchen