1.2 kg beef ribs (or pork ribs)
3 tablespoons Jeong-jong (refined rice wine)
5 tablespoons Jin-gan-jang (thick soy sauce)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons onion juice
3 tablespoons pear juice
3 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons minced green onion
1 tablespoon gomashio
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon ground pine nuts
1. Cut ribs into chunks and remove tendon. Place in cold water to draw out the blood.
2. Drain and place in a large bowl. Marinade with Jeong-jong and gomashio to make it tender.
3. Peel chestnut. Cut any large ones in half. Chop carrots into similar size.
4. Combine ribs and all ingredients for sauce. Let it rest for 1 hour and place in the inner pot.
(Adding water is not necessary – it cooks with cooking water that is made from ribs and marinade while cooking.)
5. Close the lid. Select [Steam cook] using [MENU] button, and set the level to 4 and cooking time to 50 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
6. Once the cooker has finished cooking, top with ground pine nuts. Serve.