6 tablespoons olive oil
6 eggplant, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup water (180g)
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 bell pepper, finely chopped and baked
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin powder
* Tahini: Condiment made by finely grinding the hulled sesame seeds.
* Cumin: Spice made from seeds cumin, a flowering plant in the family of Apiaceae.
1. Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button to preheat. Add oil to a
preheated inner pot.
2. Place half of the prepared eggplants. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Add 1 extra tablespoon of oil, and cook rest of the prepared eggplants with garlic for 1
minute. Press [CANCEL] button.
4. Place the first half back in the pot and mix. Add water and salt.
5. Select [Vegetable] using [MENU] button, and set the cooking time to 20 minutes. Press
6. In the meantime, roast bell peppers in a pan until brown.
7. Once the cooker has finished cooking, add bell pepper and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes.
8. Gently remove the liquid. Add 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, tahini, cumin powder and stir.
9. Place in a blender and puree. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve with bread or pita on the side.