5 tablespoons butter
900g onion, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
6 cups chicken broth
2 sprigs thyme
2-3 slices bread
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
Hint of salt
Hint of pepper
Hint of sugar
1. Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button to preheat. Add butter.
2. Add sliced onions to a melted butter. Continually stir onions until translucent for about 15 minutes.
3. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
4. Stir onions until golden brown and translucent for about 10 minutes.
5. Add wine and simmer until the wine has evaporated. Add chicken broth and thyme.
6. Close the lid. Select [Soup] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button.
7. Once the cooker has finished cooking, add grated cheese and boil for 5 minutes.
8. Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with slices of bread.